"...peering into another users' filing cabinet..." I suppose I might find that useful in some other life--maybe when I retire. Like when I retire I'll plant a big garden. When I retire I'll look at others' filing cabinets!
If I was a researcher (and when I retire I might become one) I could see benefits of this tool. But I have registered & installed my buttons anyway and now have made it possible to see my bookmarks on my computer at home as well as here at work. Presently, this is the attraction for me.
Bookmarks vs. Del.icio.us ~~
On tagging: I already name my bookmarks w/a one word descriptor of my choice. And then I often rename the link to a one word descriptor so I can find it easier. Since I am not interested in "building a collaborative repository of related information" I have found this approach satisfactory. But who knows! Serious Eats looks interesting to me as I expore along...